Burgas Airport serves the Southeast of Bulgaria and provides convenient links to major airports such as Moscow, London, Tel Aviv, Manchester, St. Petersburg and Vienna.
The airport is situated on the Southern Black Sea coast, between the city center of Burgas and the tourism resort of Sunny Beach.
Burgas is an important business, commercial, transport and tourist city, as well as a starting point for visiting the Southern Black Sea resorts and the nearby holiday villages. Its favorable geographical location, the combination of air, sea, railway junction and road transportation, provides opportunities for intermodal traffic and allows for a significant number of tourism flights during the summer season, as well as regular airline routes throughout the year. Burgas Airport has a strong impact on the development of transport networks, tourism and trade in the region.
- 1 Runway 3200 m.
- 24 hour operations, no slot constraints
- Over 18 400 flights in 2013
- Over 2.4 million passengers in 2013
- More than 140 destinations in over 70 countries
In the end of 2013, Fraport Twin Star Airport Management AD inaugurated a new modern passenger terminal at Burgas Airport. The investment in the new facility and the related infrastructure is over 80 Mln BGN.
The new terminal has spacious areas for arriving and departing passengers, modern systems for passengers’ and baggage handling, attractive commercial zones, as well as comfortable open spaces. The terminal, work of world renowned designers, combines contemporary style with traditional elements of Bulgarian architecture and nature, and aims to keep the holiday mood of the passengers throughout their whole stay at the airport.
The investments of Fraport Twin Star Airport Management AD, brought several awards for the company and for Burgas Airport:
- “Biggest investment in Tourism” for 2013, awarded by the Bulgarian Hotels and Restaurants Association
- “Biggest Investment in Burgas Airport” in the last decades and an excellent example for public-private partnership, awarded by the Burgas Trade Chamber, together with Municipality of Burgas and the Governor’s Administration.
- “Investor of the Year” for 2013 in the sector “Transport and Logistics”, awarded by the Bulgarian Investment Agency.